Thursday, September 13, 2018

Quarter One Plan

Why I chose my topic: 

My topic will be on fiction mystery and horror books. I originally planned on blogging about conspiracy theories, but the overarching topic of horror would be a lot more enjoyable for me to read about. I have always loved murder mystery shows and horror films and books. I am drawn to these because they really engage me and pull me in. I am fascinated by minds like Stephen King's and am excited to read some books of his. 

Essential Questions:

What do people find so engaging about horror and mysteries?
Why is Stephen King considered one of the best horror writers? 
What does the mind of a horror author look like?
How can writing be therapeutic?
What the history behind Halloween? 

Books: 

Salem's Lot by Stephen King 653 pages
The Couple Next Door Shari Lapena 384 pages

Image result for salems lotImage result for the couple next door book

5 comments:

  1. I think you need a couple more essential questions here and also another book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok,Salem's lot is almost seven hundred pages so I thought that would work. I will get another one though :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting. Stephen King is really brilliant and i have no clue how he can make a book so long and still have new content. he is a fascinating man and I am interested in what kind of information you find about it. (also Stephen King was at stop and shop a few weeks ago)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! He is brilliant and definitely one of the most creative writers I know. That is so awesome! I would have loved to meet him. Did you talk to him?

      Delete
  3. I feel like the books you picked are perfect for you topic and look very engaging because Stephen King is such an interesting writer!I also really like the topic you picked, I think you will have a lot to talk about in your upcoming blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Analytical Blog Six

What causes negative energy and how can you defeat it? In my book, 'Salem's Lot, there is a house that is claimed to be haunted. ...